Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pre Trail Update & Birthday shenanigans

We've finally gone, and whipped our indecisiveness into shape. We head out from California March 28th, and hit the Trail April 1st. We've given our self some days in between in order to do some sightseeing on our lengthy 32 hour drive. ( or somewhere around that number lol) We plan to stop at the Grand Canyon, something which I've yet to lay my eyes upon, A large cavern system, because let's face it We're cavemen. Ryan wants to show us his favorite place in all of Georgia, which I'm excited to see, because his love for nature is right on par with mine. Gear wise I'm completely set, or so I think, If I decide I need any last minute things I'll attempt to grab it at REI's Garage sale, which is an awesome event in which the sell used gear for quite cheap. Highly recommend checking these events out if you need gear. I just got back from Joshua Tree where we did some small conditioning, and sunburning. We hiked to an abandoned Gold Mine which procured 9,000 ounces of gold in the late 1800's. Awesome place, great people around too. This week I quit my job so I'm sure you can guess how excited I am for that. It's also slightly nerve-racking but we all need a little bit of that in our lives, you shouldn't always be comfortable, without discomfort you loose appreciation for all that you have.

Small update on Aaron & Preston: May still join me but it'll most be when I hike the last 100 miles in Maine. They are just getting back from Missions and need time to get comfortably settled.


Ah my 21st birthday, If I may let me open with a picture.
Beautiful isn't it? Notice the mud on my shirt which i obtained whilst trying to pee in a bush, and falling over. Greatest of Times. We celebrated at The Olde Ship, an English pub, gotta embrace the culture. 
Two things I learned:
  • Irish car bombs… maybe not.
  • Smithwicks, keep em' commin. 
I wanna thank everyone who came out and bought me a drink! Love you all. And a special thank you goes out to my adopted grandma Pam, Carson and I express our deepest gratitude.


And a thank you to anybody taking the time to read this. Seriously yo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment